Monday, June 29, 2015

Aaron Nicodemus: Two ways of looking at Olympic handball at the DCU.


-
million handball fans! Coming to Worcester in 2024!
Wow, that would be a lot of handball fans. In the announcement that Olympic team handball would be played at the DCU Center, if Boston wins the 2024 Olympic games, U.S. Rep. Jim McGovern's office and Olympic organizers Boston 2024 estimated the event could draw 988,000 fans. That was up dramatically from their first estimate of 26,000 fans.
Pretty big spread there, between 26,000 people and 988,000, don't you think?
I have to say, my initial reaction last week to Worcester getting Olympic team handball at the DCU Center was to be underwhelmed. I've heard of it, kind of like I've heard of curling, badminton and tiddlywinks. But I've never watched a handball game, have no idea how it's played, nor do I know which nations are any good at it. I'm a pretty big sports fan, and I follow all kinds of sports. I tweeted that Boston 2024 was bringing a dud to Worcester.


                                                                //youngtimer//

0 comments:

Post a Comment